THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, July 21, 2008

Rick Springfield





I tuned in today to watch Oprah. I had not watched in awhile or paid attention to commercials so it was a great surprise to see Rick Springfield on the show. I have always been a big fan of Rick Springfield. In the 80’s Rick Springfield was my Taylor Hicks and Bucky Covington of today. I heard every song he song, bought every album, which I still own today any show Rick was in or even today if I know he is going to be on a show or in a movie I watch that movie strictly because Rick Springfield is in it.

He still is as hot and talented as ever. So today Rick Springfield is my artist choice. The rest of this week I will cover some of my idols from the 80s. My husband and family have been saying that I will get Taylor Hicks and Bucky Covington out of system soon but I always knew that wasn’t so, and now that I think back to my teenage years and all the musicians who touched my life with their songs and how to this day I still follow their careers to some extent and always watch them when they are on tv., I know that 20 years down the line I will still be listening to Taylor Hicks and Bucky Covington and following their careers and admiring them just like I do with all my past idols.
Songs create memories. Practically every song we hear makes a lasting impression in our hearts and minds for some reason or another. We may not always get attached to the singer of the song but when that happens that just makes the importance of the song and the singer that much more important. People touch our lives in many different ways. Whether it is family, friends, co-workers and yes even musicians. Trying to explain how or why they touch your soul and make you care about them and want to see them succeed is not an easy thing to explain. They just do. I always hear they don’t know you, they don’t care about you they are just out to make money. Well yeah of course they are but they care about their fans because without fans where would they be? It isn’t important that they personally know or personally acknowledge their fans it is just important that they continue to please the fans by giving us songs that will touch that part deep inside us and create memories we will forever remember.
Below you find some pictures and video of Rick Springfield. Enjoy!

Go here to see Rick on Oprah http://www2.oprah.com/videochannel/videochannel_player.jhtml?video=1944&category=14

Ricks Jessie's Girl Original Video



Rick Springfield Live Medley

0 comments: