THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

John Mayer - The Evolution will be televised

This is what Live music is all about. Below is a excerpt from a blog by John Mayer. To hear a song while it is still fresh and new. To be among the first to experience John Mayer in concert performing a song that no one has heard yet. That is what “Live” music is all about, new and exciting experiences.


Posted by John Mayer on October 14th

It's been a long time since the days of my playing small acoustic club dates, and though I'm more than happy (and extremely lucky) to be where I am these days, one thing I've missed is the creative spirit of working without a net. Some of my best songs were written because I had a show nearing and needed more original songs to take the place of covers. It was creation by way of necessity.

It's been my stance for years that I don't want to work out new songs on stage for fear of them getting out in their raw form. I've always believed that in music, the first impression is the most lasting, and I wanted to have the say as to when a song would be heard and in what incarnation.

I'm ready to change that stance now. I've realized that there's a new level of access into my life, one that I accept as a by-product of both lifestyle and technology. And if there's going to remain such a large window into my life off-stage, I feel like I need to open the window to my music equally as wide. I am still as devoted to music as I've ever been, and I won't let anything redefine that against my will.

I'm going to return to that firefight, taking small late night gigs around New York City and Los Angeles, writing songs and playing them when they're still fresh. The date of the gig is my self-imposed finish line and I will play a new song with each set I perform.

To read the rest visit John's Blog.

0 comments: