THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Taylor Hicks Thursday

It’s Thursday, which means it is Taylor Hicks Day here at “Live.” Taylor is on hiatus, taking a well deserved break and writing music for his second CD. Because of this there isn’t much new news to report about Taylor. So I’ve been thinking what I want to discuss about Taylor Hicks.

Music is something that we can all relate to. We may not all like the same artists however we all know we could not live without music. Different moods make us want to listen to different types of music. How do we find out the new artists that are out there? Most of us rely on radio and television to show us new talent. This is how I had been my whole life.

Then when Taylor was discovered because of American Idol, I went on line to see if I could find some more information about him. I found out he had 2 Independent CDS. “The Fall” was the first song that I listened to of Taylor’s pre-idol music. It has been my fav ever since. I also love “Heart and Soul”, “The Deal”, “Hell of a Day” and “Soul Thing.”

Then I started wondering how I had never heard of Taylor Hicks before. The songs on “In Your Time” and “Under the Radar” are great. Taylor’s voice is one of the best voices I have ever heard. The record producers just ignored Taylor, for ten years he pounded on doors trying to get someone to just give him a chance, to let America hear his voice. We all know this did not happen. Until the day he walked into American Idol. The judges passed him through long enough to where America got to vote. We the listening audience knew Taylor was just what the music world had been waiting for. He was a change that we had been waiting for and we proved it each week, voting for him until he won the show.

So after all this I realized if all I did was listen to radio and television waiting for them to introduce to the next great person I might be waiting for along time. I knew Taylor Hicks had been out their performing and he had a fan base before he even went on Idol. I just had never heard of him until AI. That’s when I realized if I wanted to discover music that I truly enjoyed and was not force fed on me by radio stations playing their choices over and over, I was going to have to find the music myself.

I started looking on Myspace for Indie artists, or just those I had never heard before. Over the past year and a half since Taylor’s win I have found some artists that I truly enjoy and am so glad to have discovered them. Such as Ross Copperman The Hughes
Relient K and most recently Judd Starr, who I just interviewed and the interview will be published soon. Below you will see his video “Firefly.” I really love this video and his other songs on his CD. I am sure if you go searching for undiscovered or not highly promoted artists you will find some great new music to add to your own play list.


0 comments: