THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, February 8, 2008

Interview with Sawyer Brown Lead Singer Mark Miller





Before American Idol there was Star Search. Star Search was a television show that aired from 1983 until 1995; the show was hosted by Ed McMann. In 1983 introduced the world to Sawyer Brown a country/rock group that won the show. Sawyer Brown consisted of five members Bobby Randall on guitar, Joe Smyth on drums, Jim Scholten on bass guitar, Gregg "Hobie" Hubbard on keyboard, and lead singer Mark Miller. The group is still intact all these years later except now Shayne Hill is on guitar instead of Bobby Randall.

The band still tours and is currently recording a new album. Mark Miller is now also a producer. Among other artists Mark is now Bucky Covington's producer, Bucky was a season five contestant on American Idol. Today I had the pleasure of speaking with Mark Miller about Sawyer's Brown music career, future album and Bucky Covington.
Sawyer Brown has had a long and prosperous career in the music world. It all started on a Television Show, Star Search. Can you go back to that time and describe the feeling the night Sawyer Brown won?

Mark: Oh Wow, you know I guess it was pretty surreal. It was out of my competitiveness, I grew up playing ball, so anytime I was in any kind of game I gave it my all, and that's how I treated that competition as well. I remember when Ed McMann read our name off I just was extremely ecstatic and kind of couldn't believe it. We had been out there for five and a half months, it was finally over and we had won. I don't think thoughts were really racing through my head of what was the future going to bring, it was just the excitement of the moment.

Even after winning which was in 1984, it's been what 24 years since you got that first break, did you ever think in your wildest dreams that Sawyer Brown would become the music sensation that you have and still be so widely known and loved over 24 years later?

Mark: No you know what, I remember thinking we are going to get to make a record. Even though Star Search didn't have a recording contract attached to it, we had already started getting offers from record companies and really when you make your first record that's really all you think about is I get to make a record. I guess I've never, ever thought this far down the line.

To read the rest of the interview click here.

0 comments: